Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sky Diving

So, many of you know how afraid I am of heights.  Many of you had bets on weather I would sky dive or not.  Well, as you can see, I did it!!!!  I myself had my doubts.  I was not nervous till we lft the house to head to the airport.  I was sick to my stomach.  I tried to puke but just could not make myself.  I think I went pee 5 times.  There was something wrong with the plane and they had to get it fixed before we could leave so it was gonna be at least an hour wait.  WHAT THE???  I am not getting on that pane.  But, I did.  We get back and get our geer on and head up in the plane.  I was shaking so bad and evey little jerk I would grab my tandem guy and he probably thought I was getting fresh with him or something.  He tells me to turn around so we can get strapped in and then it is time to open the door.  I begin yelling "NO, NO, NO".  Acordding to him, that sounds like go, go, go.  He tells me to stick my leg out of the plane onto the step and I was freaking out.  Finally I decide to just close my eyes and he places my foot outdie the plane at 10,000 feet in the air.  I coss my arms over my chest and before I knew what was going on, we where doing flips out the door.  We free fell till about 6,000 feet and my heart was racing waiting for the chute to come open.  Finally it did.  I had a death grip on the straps the whole time. Finally, we made it to the grouns.  I kissed the ground and then was excited that I actually did it.  I will admit to paying the Lords Prayer before getting out of the plane and also singing Our God is an Awesome God the whole time.  But, I really can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  And if I can sky dive, anyone can,  for real.  It was the most awesome thing I have ever done. 

Here is a recipe I will leave you with that I tried the other day and it was awesome!!!!

Captain crunch chicken

Ingredients:


  • 2 cup captain crunch cereal
  • 1 1/2 cup corn flakes, crushed
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 2 lb chicken breast- boneless skinless cut not strips
  • Vegetable oil for frying

Directions:


Beat egg with milk and set aside

Stir together flour, onion, garlic powders and pepper, set aside.

Dip chicken into flour, dip into egg, then dip into cereal mixture.

Heat oil to 325°

Fry 3-5 minutes and serve.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I forgot to say that the Captain Crunch needs to be crushed. I used a food processor to do the cereal and it coated easily.

    ReplyDelete