Thursday, August 25, 2011

Have you met my teenage daughter? Me either, but she sure acts like one.

So, the first day of school has come and gone over two weeks ago.  janel has tried to wear this one particular dress like 3 times and I have told her no every time she put it on.  The straps are not wide enough for school.  So, Monday she walks into the kitchen wearing a really cute shirt, but it has a skull on it.  I told her that it was probably not ok to wear skulls to school so she better pack another shirt just in case.  on closer inspection I saw she had another shirt under the one she was wearing.  I asked her what is was and she said it was just an undershirt.  Me: Come closer and let me see.  Janel: (lifts up her shirt) Me:  (I see sh has her shorts unbuttoned and she is wearing the dress under her clothes and has it stuffed into her shorts. ) Janel, go change clothes right now and then throw the dress away. Janel: So not fair mom.  When she got home from school i asked her what her plans where and she told me they where to go to the bathroom and emove her top clothes so she could wear the dress.  Since then we argue every morning about the things she can wear, how to fix her hair, ect. ect.  I am really trying to pick my battles here but she is doing things most kids do not do till they are teenagers.  UGH  Someone commit me now.  I want my daughters to understand modesty and respect for dress codes.  So if you see my daughter at school in something innapropriate, she is probaby trying to pull a fast one on me.  CALL ME immediately. I worry all the time about my kids and the society they asre growing up in.  It is so easy to be lured into drugs and sex at such a young age.  8th graders are doing it and it is not just one or two.  This just freaks me out to think that she will be in junior high school in 3 years.  My daughters have met their match though.  I will be all up in their business as much as I can be.  LOL  Poor kids. 
On another note, I have had no sleep the past 3 nights because of a cricket in my bedrom wall.  It chirps ALL NIGHT long.  How long can a cricket live without food or water.  I am about to tear some walls apart.  Plus the dog is on his 4th opposum of the month.  The garbage men probably hate picking up my garbage.  YUCK!!! 
Yeah, these are just ramblings, but I am sure someone else is going thru this with their daughters.  We need to be tough on them now before they are too old for us to tell what to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment