Thursday, April 19, 2012

Murder

With the recent shooting of a couple individuals from our community, it got me thinking about the families of the ones that commited this crime.  I am in a similar situation.  My brother who grew up with a life only most of us see on television was in a gang and spent 4 years in Corcoran prison.  He was let out last year but had no therepy or any type of learning while in prison.  He immediatley went back to the gang.  After only about 3 months out, he walked up to an individual and shot that person in cold blood.  Someone related to me (A brother of all things) was actually capable of doing something like that.  I was like a mother to him when he was small. I changed his diaper and took him on walks and he was such a loving little boy.  Now he is being tried for murder with a possible death row sentence.  The families of things like this can really suffer.  Harrasment from the victims, even though we had nothing to do with their crimes. Guilt over what we could have done to maybe prevent it. (Although, I know there was nothing I could do to change what happened, I still feel a little guilt) Shame in knowing someone we are related to could do soemthing like this. And a little sadness for the person who did it.  What went wrong?  Are they remorsefull?  And then also, sadness for the victim who lost their life.  I wonder what that persons life was like before they where shot?  What was their family like, did they have children of their own?  You wonder how God can be a comfort in something as tragic as this.  Is this person capanle of being saved.  We often think that this is a worse sin than anything we  could ever commit.  But then, isn't all sin created equal.  Once again, who am I to judge.  Doesn't God say in 1 John 3:14-15 "We know that we have passed from death to life, becasue we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death. Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life." Hmmm, so if I hate a fellow christian, I am just as guilty of murder?  Well, no, not necessarily. But, the spirit which could lead to murder is there and god will hold us responsible for it.  God judges us in our hearts. I think about thoughts I might have had in the past about people and the secret sins of my own heart.  The thought of what i might possibly have been able to do if not for the restraining grace of God.  I am so glad I have God to subdue those feelings and implant feelings of love instead.  I love my brother and I do think his sin is forgiveable.  I am still struggling on weather I will contact him or not.  But, I think every person should know they are loved, weather they want to accept that love or not.  God forgave and loved murderers.  Moses was one of those people.  Romans 12:17-21 says "Repay no one evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all.  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, "vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the lord." To the contrary, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by doing so you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." Gives new meaning to the phrase "kill them with kindness" 

Wow, that was a ramble.  I will leave you with an awesome recipe I found for roast and have almost changed to this one all the time because it is sooooo easy.

3 packet roast

1 beef roast, any kind to fit your crock pot
1 package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
1 package brown gravy mix
1 package italian gravy mix
1/2 cup warm water

Combine the three packets and rub it all ove rthe roast. Place in crock pot with 1/2 cup water poured over it and cook on low 7 hours.  When done, use juices to make gravy by combining 2 TBSP corn starch and 1/4 cup water to a boil. Mashed potatoes are a must with this.
Let me know if you make it and how much you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment