Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My almost post

I had a blog written up that took me a good 20 minutes to write. I almost posted it and then I came across this verse:  "But no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison." James 3:8  So many people are qick to give their opinion or tell others how they are sinners or how they don't like the way so and so is acting.  We need to make sure we are evaluating ourselves before doing these things.  I am often guilty of speaking before thinking and it is something God has worked with me on since I was a little girl.  I think some things do need to be said so that we are not just trying to make everyone happy.  I do think most of my friends are appreciative of the advice I give and I my hope is that it is always done in a Godly way and not a judgemental one.  I have a lot of sin in my life and I am no one to act better than any one else.  There are those who may think I do, but those people have not gotten a chance to know me.  I can be standoffish at times.  But I genuinly care about every one.  Keeping in God's word has proven to help me stay out of a lot of confrontations and be a better person.
With our mouths, we can cause someone to do something they can never take back.  I know their are things people said to me in high school and even when I was younger than that and those things have stuck with me even all these years later.  I don't want something I say and don't remember today to be something someone else holds in their heart for the rest of their life.  We should take every opportunity to tell anyone we pass by that they can do it, they are able to fulfill their destny, they have what it takes.  I will work on using my words wisely becasu I know they hod the power of life and death. 

I really would like to blog more so please let me know you read this and if I know it helps, I will post more. 

1 comment:

  1. Sarah this is great. It takes so much courage to put yourself out there and open up like this. I admire you so much and think you are such an awesome person. Honestly you intimidate me a little bit because I feel like I will never be able to keep it together the way you do. I hope you keep writing and keep posting because you are very well spoken and I think the things you write could really help someone else see that they're not alone in the way they feel about their faith or the struggles they are going through.

    ReplyDelete