Monday, January 31, 2011

WHAT IF?????

Are you someone who has had a tragedy in your life and you can not get past the What ifs?  What if I would have done this, or what if I did not do that?  Last week I had a what if moment.  My niece Lauren got her drivers license in November and she is teaching my daughter to ride horses.  She wanted to take Janel to the stables Thursday and I thought that would be ok so I let her pick up Janel and Jentri from school, bring Jentri home and off they went to the stables.  That evening they where going to sign up for the Skiatook Round Up Club so Lauren asked if she could just take Janel there and I said no, bring her home.  Lauren drops Janel off and asks again if Janel can go. I almost said yes.  That little voice told me, not tonight, she had homework to do and it was already 7:00.  So, I said no.  30 minutes later, I get a phone call.  Lauren has been in a bad accident right down the road from us.  Wrecked her truck over a 20 foot bridge and landed upside down.  Oh my goodness, is she ok, what happened?  Surprisingly, Lauren was able to get out of the truck and climb up the embankement and her mother drove her to the ER.  Lauren had not one single broken bone and barely a scratch. (She was sore for a couple days)  But as soon as I was told about teh accident I kept thinking how janel was supposed to be in that vehicle with her.  It made me cry to think about that.  If she was there, we would most likely not have Janel here today.  Jason even got emotional over this.  I mean, that What If scenario would not leave my mind.  It had me pretty upset and thinking how could I ever not have my Janel?  Thank God for good friends that came and sat with me as everyone was at the hospital and for God.  I said a prayer for him to give me peace and I thanked him for the voice that I listened to.  We should all be concious of that little voice.  It has kept me out of trouble many a time.  And it is amazing how many times I do what I feel it is telling me and it ends up being the perfect thing to do. 
My other What If was in hgih school.  I was a senior in high school and I had my friends child with me in the back seat.  It was midnight and we where dricing home from looking at Christmas lights.  it was very late.  I was sleepy so I kept turning up the radio and slapping my face.  I ended up falling asleep at the wheel and when I woke up I was on the opposite side of traffic.  Thank God no one was coming the other way.  What id they where?  I stommped on the brakes and ended up doing a doughnut and in a ditch.  A friend lived close by and heard the screeching and ran down to see what was going on.  He ended up driving me home and on the way 3 deer ran in the road.  He had to put on the brakes and we ened up feet form a bridge. I was very scared and did not want to get back in the car.  I did end up making it home that night, but I always think about that night and how I obviously had Angels watching over me. 
Now these two things may not seem like huge What ifs to you.  I know people have lost loved ones, had houses burn down, and other things I can not imagine.  But, they are things that we can make it thru.  We can overcome.  What good does it do for us to live in the What If?  God can help us overcome.  When I think of that I have two versus that come to mind.  I am sure there are better ones, but this is what came to my mind. 
Matthew 18:18-19"I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.

Matthew 21:21
Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, `Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.

I am so thankful I still have my Lauren and Janel with me today.  But I also know, if anything happens to me or them, they have a seat waiting for them in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment