Monday, January 24, 2011

What is this thing called blog and why do I want to do it?

I have always wanted to try and do a blog.  Now I actually have something worth blogging about.  I am about to embark on a wilderness trip in July and thought it might be nice to express my thoughts and feelings before and after doing the trip.  I also just like to impose my opinions on others and so what better way to do it?  I think faster than I type so you may often find typos and errors.  I don't really care so no need for you to point it out.  This is supposed to be my place, right?  Don't like, don't read.  Harsh, but true.  A little about me.  I am blessed to have 5 children, 3 girls and 2 boys.  My husband and I adopted the two boys when they where 13 and 16.  They are now 20 and 23.  Time sure flies.  Our youngest daughter is 20 months and we have a 6 year old and a soon to be 8 year old (FEB. 14th)  I will probably tell silly stories here about them as they make me laugh on a daily basis.  Life is very dramatic when you have 3 girls.  I love to work out and teach classes at a gym locally.  I love to read when I get the chance and just finished the Hunger Games series.  (I highly reccomend)  I love photography and have been known to take wedding and senior photos but mostly enjoy taking pictures of my children.  Not really wanting it to be a full time thing as I enjoy my weekends far too much.  I love love love the summer and would live on a boat at the lake if I could.  I do not watch much T.V. as I enjoy far too many other hobbies that I do not have time for it.  But I do like The Biggest Loser and Two and a Half Men.  I enjoy making hair bows (I have three girls, remember?)  and scrapbooking.  I would not call myself crafty but others might disagree.  I am a girl scout leader and have been for three years.  (cookies go on sale the 11th)  I also enjoy my church and visiting with those that are homebound.  I love to cook and try new recipes at least once a week. (Yes, at times I will post recipes.)  Is this a lot to write for a first blog?  hmmmm  I could go on but for right now, let's just see how this thing works.

3 comments:

  1. I love blogging when I get the chance. HAving some of my family not living close it is a great way for me to share what is going on with me, Jerald and the boys without having to repeat it or email it several times. I wish I did a better job at up dating my blog but I get stuff on there eventually. So now I will have another blog to follow. Have fun blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job! I am glad you were able to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, blogging. I have also wanted to start a blog, but really what about me is worthy of others time. But now Im thinking for my family and friends that I don't see may be a great reason. Sarah, u make me think in a whole new way. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete